Re: Writing Orchestral Parts

From: Arno Rog
Subject: Re: Writing Orchestral Parts
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:34:16 +0000 (UTC)

> New lilypond user, finally got rid of finale (thank god). My question is kind
of dumb but I'm really confused about this.
> I have a large ensemble score finished (Brass Choir, Organ and Chorus) and I
need to extract parts from this (can you tell I was a finale user for 7 years?)
Did I create the file backwards, as in should I have created the parts first
then put them into a larger score file? Or is there a variable I set to tell
lilypond to generate a part from that line?

Hi Josh,

Out of experience, I write seperate parts, which I later combine in all kind of
You can download a simple example here (mind the wordwrap):

Rename the download to staden-cantate-domino.7z and unzip it (retaining the file

This should get you going.

I'm sure there is als some documentation about this.

A.W. Rog