Re: Writing Orchestral Parts

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Writing Orchestral Parts
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:16:30 -0300

For the score I make a file called "" with all of the formatting that I prefer for the full score and I do \include "" and \include "" and so forth.

One thing you can do is to open all the file as a "project" in Smultron or TextMate or your favorite text editor. In JEdit with LilypondTools you can use the plug-in "Project Viewer" so you can have easy access to any part of your ensemble or orchestra work. This is faster than have a very very big file where you have to scroll up and down a lot. You can have a file called "" with the options common to all parts and other files with options common to a group of instruments, like percussion ( or strings. That's what I'm doing now, but I didn't get to the parts making yet...