Re: lilypond cameo

From: James
Subject: Re: lilypond cameo
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:16:19 +0000

Hello

On 10/12/2010 07:43, Jan Warchoł wrote:
Seriously though, have you considered changing the default font for chords?

Oh yes, but only to make it smaller, I prefer mine '12% smaller' than default, but the 'sans' font I think, is how chord names should be displayed.

I know it's a preference and I don't think the feta font has anything to do with it - at least from my perspective - but more than when you have a lead sheet or a score with chords on it plus all the other 'gumpf' that is usually in a serif font (title, composer, arranger, tempo, dim.. cresc.. etc) they blend in when they are anything but sans.

When I see serif used for chord names it's like someone using 'zapf chancery' for body text because it's 'fancy' :)

Although I have to say I have seen chord names in 'comic sans' on printed material I have played in my Wind Band and actually while that sounds dreadful, when you're playing some old time rag or an old traditional song that's about 'jolly' things, comic sans chord names seem some how apt!

Have fun

JAmes