Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:10:04 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:26 PM
Subject: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

Hey all,

The following snippet is giving me the attached output w/ the soprano line
shifted way up after the line break.  Is there any way to get the soprano
correctly aligned (w/o changing the distance between systems - this minimal
example approximates a larger one w/ many systems over several pages).

This looks like a regression to me.  With 2.12 I can use :

between-system-space = 5 \cm

to space out the systems as Mike is trying to do here. If I do that, then the lyrics stay well-spaced to the stave. It looks as if we've lost the ability to space systems out with lyrics on top the stave without the lyrics being wrongly positioned. Anyone disagree?

--
Phil Holmes