RE: Preventing tempo marks stacking

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: RE: Preventing tempo marks stacking
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:44:52 +0000

Thank you, Xavier, for your suggestion. I had wondered if there was a solution which I could apply more generally, but it seems that I will have to deal with each case separately, guessing what limit to apply to the length of a MultiMeasureRest.

This still doesn't deal with cases where there are no multi-bar rests. But in my experience, the only places where that happens, and there is still the risk that tempo marks might stack, come with something like "rit.... a tempo" where the rit lasts no longer than about 2 bars. I can solve that, by engraving those marks as a TextSpanner rather than as tempo indications.

Richard