nobody has ready Learning 3.1 ??? (was: how does beforebreak work?)

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: nobody has ready Learning 3.1 ??? (was: how does beforebreak work?)
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 14:30:21 +1200

Dear Graham et al,
After searching the inter-web thingie with Google I found a piece on the CPDL site which, although old, showed the use of 'breakbefore', in a setting authored by Anders Stenberg of some pieces by Purcell. Here is my take on the use of breakbefore using info from his .ly file and what I found in the LP manuals.
I hope it might be of some use.
Regards
Bill
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
\version "2.13.60"
  \header %This is the 'Title page' for the whole multi-score compilation
  {
    title = "Title"
    subtitle = "Sub"
    subsubtitle = " subSub"
% and all or any of the other bits and pieces which can be put in %the Header
    }
\paper {
print-all-headers = ##t %This allows the Titles etc for each %Score to print...
        }
\score { %This is the first music piece in the compilation
        { a b c' d' } %This MUST be placed ahead of the \header block
        \header { %This is the title etc for the first music piece
                breakbefore = ##t %This makes the first music piece %begin on a
new page
                title = "First Title"
                composer = "Composer the First"
                subtitle = " "
                subsubtitle = ##f
                poet = ##f
                arranger = ##f
                piece = " "
                }
\layout  { }
}

\score {  %This is the second music piece in the compilation
        { a b c' d' }
        \header { %This is the title etc for the second music piece
                breakbefore = ##t %This makes the second music piece %begin on
a new page
                title = "2nd Title"
                composer = "Composer the Second"
                subtitle = "2nd Sub"
                subsubtitle = ##f
                poet = ##f
                arranger = ##f
                piece = " "
                }
\layout  { }
}

\score { %This is the third music piece in the compilation
        { a b c' d' }
        \header { %This is the title etc for the second music piece
                breakbefore = ##t %This makes the second music piece %begin on
a new page
                title = "3rd Title"
                composer = "Composer the Third"
                subtitle = "3rd Sub"