Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:47:06 +0200

Am 2011-08-18 um 18:24 schrieb Joseph Wakeling:

In the latter respect, note that these people probably don't care about
issues of free/open source software (they probably don't know what it
means).

No, they don't. They don't want a free world at all - did you read their rules?

The "winner" has to give all rights to this city hall, and the contest and its sponsors must appear an all publications of the piece forever! You're not allowed to put the piece under a free license or donate it to the public! You wouldn't even allowed to perform it yourself in a simplified form!
Why does anyone using LilyPond care about these blokes at all?

(Why does anyone care about a concerts for six organs at all? I'm just a humble folk musician, but I know there are great organs around where you don't need six organists playing at once. I can't imagine there's any musical advantage of six small organs over a good, big one...)

I'm sure there are very good possibilities to lobby for LilyPond - but surely not to annoy the administrators of some nonsensical contest.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm