Re: Slashes in leadsheets

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Slashes in leadsheets
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:47:33 -0600

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/10/12 3:14 AM, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:

>2012/2/10 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:
>> Am 10.02.2012 09:52, schrieb Francisco Vila:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Does anyone know a way of printing slashes instead of chord names when
>>> a chord is repeated?
>>> It would serve as well to be able to print an arbitrary markup in a
>>> chordnames context, instead of letting lilypond to detect repeated
>>> chords automatically (which it currently does not). Here I am
>>> forwarding a question from our Spanish list.
>>

>> Perhaps
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-03/msg00705.html
>>
>> is of some use here?
>
>Thanks, I think yes, but I obtain Scheme errors.
>
>in
>
>  (width (/ 2 slope))
>  Wrong type:()
>
>and
>
>  (+ width (sqrt (+ (sqr (/ thick slope)) (* thick thick))))))
>  In procedure / in _expression_ (/ thick slope) Wrong type argument in
>position 1: ()
>
>Any ideas? My Scheme is under zero Celsius.

Well, it looks like for the second error thick has not been defined.  And
I would guess (although I don't know for sure, because there's not enough
code shown in your mail) that width is not defined in the first case.

I tried the snippet from the referenced thread, and it works if you comment out
\once \override ChordName #'stencil = \percentStencil
Otherwise, as Carl says, 'thickness and 'slope are undefined: these are properties of RepeatSlash, not of ChordName. (This suggestion is of course not ideal, but the function will work with the override if you hardcode values for these properties.)

HTH,

David