tie to note inside double backslashing voicing

From: trandrusiii
Subject: tie to note inside double backslashing voicing
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:00:54 -0700 (PDT)

The only way I've found to create dynamics for a single note is to use
voicing with spacers. This worked ok for a while but now I have a note that
is tied to the upper voice and I get an error message saying that the tie is
not terminated and nothing shows up on the score. Has anyone experienced
this before? or know a better way to do single note dynamics?  Thanks.

r c'( a
fis'\< a, d,)
<< { g2. } \\ { s4\> s4 s4\! } >> %no tie