Re: (Small) error in Notation Reference

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: (Small) error in Notation Reference
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:45:59 +0100

Philip, you wrote Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:01 AM

>I think you should remove this comment too:

       % if they are still too close, add more " " pairs
       %
until the result looks good

It doesn't make any sense - I guess it is left over from an earlier version.

Blast! I had noticed the above, also, when I was experimenting with the code, but it floated out of my head. There's no point in having a pedant's eye if you forget things. Anyway, I'm glad you picked it up, and the efficiency of you guys' system encourages me to send more stuff to you as I notice it, although it will be simple, small, stuff for at least the foreseeable future, I suspect. I am really feeling the effort in climbing the LilyPond learning slope.

Stick with it, it all falls into place eventually! But it is hard initially, that's
why it's important to correct misleading or confusing documentation.  Any
help you can provide is most welcome.  Your suggestion has already
been incorporated and will appear in the next release.  Thanks!

Trevor