Re: Score examples

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Score examples
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:09:43 +0100

Urs,

All of my contributions to IMSLP are LilyPond typesets, but it would
require some work to list them and classify them. I suspect none of them
have one-off tweaks but all of them probably are in a "house style"
since they are created by Denemo.
I am not even quite sure how to reference them - for example the most
elaborate one is on the page

http://imslp.org/wiki/Pavana_%26_Galliarda_Dolorosa_%28Philips,_Peter%29

but the link that downloads the actual pdf seems to be:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/148215

This example is the least typical of my output, involves the most
adjustments which might be labelled "tweaks" (e.g. moving polyphonic
rests, crossing staffs ...), although none of these were made by
literally typing in a LilyPond tweak but instead by invoking a Denemo
command which had, of course, been created to insert the tweak in some
generalized form.

As to listing them all, I notice that many have tags which can be
clicked on (e.g. as Richard Shann/Editor or Richard Shann/Arranger) to
find more.

Finally, I know of one other contributor to IMSLP that uses LilyPond,
namely Mario Bolognani. I am not sure that he explicitly mentions this,
but I am sure he will be more than happy to help by confirming that, and
he may well have a list of his LilyPond typeset scores (which cover
orchestral stuff).

HTH

Richard