merging notes

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: merging notes
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 22:44:48 +0200 (CEST)

In Documentation/out-www/notation.pdf, under 1.5.2 Multiple voices,
Collision resolution

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#collision-resolution

<<
  {
    c8 d e d c d c4
    g'2 fis
  } \\ {
    c2 c8. b16 c4
    e,2 r
  } \\ {
    \oneVoice
    s1
    e8 a b c d2
  }

1, why is the snippet shown without the surronding \relative c'',
   it makes it confusing -- it starts in the wrong octave, doesn't it

2, the e,2 in the second voice is hidden by the d8 in the third voice
   isn't that a bug ?

3, if I remove the \oneVoice the graphics becomes sane, why is the
   \oneVoice there ?

///

Now, I want to merge two same looking notes. It works well for the
c4 in the third beat, 1st measure, above.

I have:

\version "2.17.10"

lcl = { \revert MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position }
ma = \relative c' { \lcl d1 | g2 g | R1\fermataMarkup }
mb = \relative c' { \lcl d1 | d2 d | R1\fermataMarkup }

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice = "Va" { \voiceOne \ma }
  \new Voice = "Vb" { \voiceTwo \mb }

I need to name the voices for a later \lyricsto,
I want the \voiceOne/Two so the stems comes out right.
(I'm using lilypond 2.17.10)

How do I make the first d1's merge ?
How do I make the \fermataMarkup merge ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148