Re: merging notes

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: merging notes
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:01:51 +0200

I will try to find a solution to your actual problem now.

Now, I want to merge two same looking notes. It works well for the
c4 in the third beat, 1st measure, above.

\version "2.17.10"

lcl = { \revert MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position }
ma = \relative c' { \lcl d1 | g2 g | R1\fermataMarkup }
mb = \relative c' { \lcl d1 | d2 d | R1\fermataMarkup }

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice = "Va" { \voiceOne \ma }
  \new Voice = "Vb" { \voiceTwo \mb }
I need to name the voices for a later \lyricsto,
I want the \voiceOne/Two so the stems comes out right.
How do you want the stems?
How do I make the first d1's merge ?
The problem here is that these are whole note's/semibreve's without stems, and if they are merged how would you know that there are two voices!?

There are perhaps a technical solution to this but I leave that to the experts. But this and your previous question hints at you wanting to use some kind of part combining!?
How do I make the \fermataMarkup merge ?
For the fermata you could perhaps find a solution here: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=372

Best
Peter