Re: Problem with hemiola notation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:23:06 +0200

Alan McConnell <address@hidden> writes:

>> > The '^' marks the dot on the dotted Bb that I wish
>> > to move into the next bar.  The part compiles just
>> > fine;
>>
>> No, it doesn't.
>           <G>  Not the above excerpt, for sure.  But the
>         part from which this is taken compiles fine;
>         I've printed out the resulting .pdf and friends
>         here in Silver Spring and in Los Angeles have
>         played them.

This is nice, but the purpose of providing working code is to make it
easier for people to fill in the blanks you are missing.

>> You'll be surprised at how few of the readers here have the Dover scores
>> available,
>       <G> No I wouldn't.  I'll bet almost all Lilypond users
>       have heard of Bach, but why should readers without
>       special needs or interest have Bach Dover scores?  But I
>       would expect tho folks who do have such scores to easily
>       recognize my problem from the "extract" that I gave, and
>       reproduce above.

Some piece of LilyPond code that does not compile, and that even if it
did compile were missing what you want to see?

I think you are overestimating people's abilities...

>         I am Attaching a .jpg of a small chunk of a download that
>         I got from IMSLP, that illustrates the Bach Gesellschaft
>         practice.  I am fairly sure that the  Mailman SW will
>         strip this Attachment,

I don't know why it should.  Looks like it appeared just fine on the
list.

Have to be off now, so won't reply with anything more useful right now.
I think we might have discussed this problem once already on the list
but I don't know what code (if any) might have been waved around in the
course of the discussion.

--
David Kastrup