Help requested from LilyPond users

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Help requested from LilyPond users
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 17:35:00 +0000 (UTC)

You may notice that, after almost 6 months, I've just uploaded a new
version of LilyPond.  I think this is great news, but there's one
downside.  Each LilyPond build includes a number of bug fixes and
enhancements and we track these with our issue tracker.  Once we release
the build, we check the issues are really fixed and update the tracker to
confirm the fix.  The long gestation period of this release means this is
something of a mammoth task: over 120 fixes to verify.

I'm requesting everyone who benefits from the work on LilyPond to
contribute to this effort.  Please look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-
checklists

"Regular maintenance".  If everyone who has used LilyPond in the last
month or received a helpful answer to a post to this newsgroup verifies a
few updates following these instructions, we can do this in a day.

If any aspect of the instructions aren't clear, please ask