Re: Help requested from LilyPond users

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Help requested from LilyPond users
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 17:55:52 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 5:47 PM

Am 01.03.2015 um 18:35 schrieb Phil Holmes:
You may notice that, after almost 6 months, I've just uploaded a new
version of LilyPond.  I think this is great news, but there's one
downside.  Each LilyPond build includes a number of bug fixes and
enhancements and we track these with our issue tracker.  Once we release
the build, we check the issues are really fixed and update the tracker to
confirm the fix.  The long gestation period of this release means this is
something of a mammoth task: over 120 fixes to verify.

I'm requesting everyone who benefits from the work on LilyPond to
contribute to this effort.  Please look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-
checklists

"Regular maintenance".  If everyone who has used LilyPond in the last
month or received a helpful answer to a post to this newsgroup verifies a
few updates following these instructions, we can do this in a day.

If any aspect of the instructions aren't clear, please ask

The list of issues to verify can be found at:
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=7&q=&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Stars+Owner+Patch+Needs+Summary&x=type&cells=tiles

One question. Consider the option that many people go for it, how would you coordinate it?
a)
who starts on which issue?

Pick one at random, check it and update it. If it's going to take more than 30 seconds, add a comment: "I'm verifying". If soemone beats you to it, that's a shame but could happen.

b)
how to mark issues as verified if a user doesn't have the privileges to mark?

I believe no privilege is needed to update an issue.

--
Phil Holmes