Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18

From: Villum Sejersen
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:56:10 +0100

Sorry, should have mentioned that this is on Ubuntu 14.10.

Hi Simon!

It seems to me that ~/frescobaldi-2.0.15/ is the source of the old installation and not where the old installation is.

I also use Ubuntu 14.10, and when I run

sudo python setup.py install

Frescobaldi is installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.

Can you confirm that you have no old installations in either /usr/lib/ or /usr/local/lib/?
No, I did still have them. Removing them solved the problem.

Thanks a lot,
Simon

======

It is a small mystery then that the python-ly-VERSION package  somehow has made it into ubuntu. Because it is still not available at all as a distributed package, even from from debian testing.

So I had to download from source and install manually. After that, no problem. I prefer using a symbolic link from /user/local/bin to the updated frescobaldi executable
--
med venlig hilsen
Villum Sejersen