Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:03:51 +0100

Il 12/03/15 01.06, MarcM ha scritto:
i just updated from MacPort but it installed 2.17.2 instead of 2.18.

Il 12/03/15 01.42, safvet ha scritto:
Likewise updated yesterday and received 2.17.2.

There's nothing wrong with this: MacPorts still provides 2.17.2.

I usually manage to have Frescobaldi updated in a couple of days, but it is important to note that I cannot commit directly to MacPorts repository, so any change I submit needs to be reviewed and applied by a developer with commit rights, who in most cases is a volunteer, working on MacPorts in the spare time.

This time, due to unexpected circumstances (problems with the patch I submitted, problems with the SVN repository, personal problems of the developer who took charge of my patch), some important changes to the portfile for python-poppler-qt4 (a dependency of Frescobaldi) required longer than usual to be reviewed (they've been accepted only yesterday).

Today I'm going to upload the 2.18 update: I hope it will be accepted in the usual short time.

Also, for the developers, it appears that the pre-build .dmg version of
Frescobaldi opens correctly with the full set of windows, but the version
built from MacPorts will launch and show the splash, but one has to click
the dock icon again to get the full window set.

Although this is a known issue
(see https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/428),
I didn't know that the pre-built application is not affected.
Thanks for reporting.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it consistently on my machine, but this new piece of information could indeed help a lot.

Best wishes.
Davide