Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:44:27 -0400

Hello Werner and all,

On 03/12/2015 04:25 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.de/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

The natural choice for a GNU project would be Savannah.

I'm CCing the Savannah people – will there be a google-code ->
Savannah importing tool?

I do not think there will be an automatic import tool from google-code (at
least not in the same seamless/automatic way they provide for github and
bitbucket).
We'll be happy to work with project administrators on importing projects
manually (gnu and nongnu projects alike).

Code:
We can easily import git,hg,svn repositories as-is.

Download/Releases (i.e. "tarballs"):
Hosting tarballs for download is supported for gnu and nongnu projects.
for gnu projects, tarballs are processed outside savannah, and are stored on
ftp.gnu.org.
for nongnu projects, tarballs are uploaded with rsync and stored on
download.savannah.gnu.org.

Wiki:
Savannah currently does not support wikis for projects.
Projects have public webpages, which are managed by committing changes to a
dedicated repository.
for gnu projects, web pages are in www.gnu.org/software/ .
for nongnu projects, web pages are in www.nongnu.org .

Issues:
Savannah supports web-based 'trackers' (for bugs, supports, tasks, etc.), for
example:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=lwip
and also using a DebBugs server, for example:
  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs

Creating a new (empty) tracker for a project is trivial.
Importing existing issues is not trivial at all.
We can try to work with project administrators on importing existing issues,
but that will require some effort.

Regards,
 - Assaf