Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:50:06 -0700 (MST)

Peter Bjuhr wrote
> On 2015-03-23 18:37, SoundsFromSound wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I also am having quite a headache installing the new Frescobaldi 2.18 and
>> python-ly on my friend's laptop. It's a new, clean install on Debian and
>> left all install locations as their default. I am getting the same error,
>> saying python-ly is not found/up-to-date so Frescobaldi can't even open.
>>
>> Can you please tell me how I can fix this and get the application up and
>> running? I tried removing all traces of Frescobaldi and then installing
>> them
>> to a different location, and still the same error. I've always had
>> success
>> updating Frescobaldi but 2.18 is the first time I've had such trouble.
>> I'm
>> certain it's to do with the python-ly install but I can't figure out why
>> no
>> matter where or how I install it, it fails.
>>
>> Thank you so much for any help!
>
> Hi Ben!
>
> Could you describe more in detail what steps you took to install
> Python-ly and Frescobaldi?
>
> Best
> Peter

Peter,

I installed Frescobaldi by running the sudo python setup.py as mentioned in
the included install file. I installed Python-ly similarly, with python
setup.py install.

All defaults left as-is, in a clean Linux install.

Nothing works at this time, error message is persistent each time I attempt
to run Frescobaldi. Not sure what to do now.

Thank you!

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond