Re: Analysis brackets with text [was: how to get notes without tails?]

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Analysis brackets with text [was: how to get notes without tails?]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 07:20:31 -0500

Hi Paul.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
Oh, one other thing I noticed.  There seems to be no way to have one bracket end at a note and another bracket start at that same note. ("warning: conflicting note group events”)  I tried spacer rests, but no luck.  It seems the start or end of a group cannot be a spacer rest.  Anyway, I thought I'd mention this, FWIW.

Which of course makes them unsuitable for showing phrase elision.

Getting a TextSpanner to begin on a note and another to start on the same note requires some sleight-of-hand (you can see this in Scheme in the regression test scheme-text-spanner.ly).  I wonder if the to accommodate nested brackets ruled "conflicting note group events" out?

David