Re: with and set

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: with and set
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 00:13:34 +0100

Hi Simon

Am 06.02.2017 um 00:02 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> if you use \set, the Staff is created without a setting for
> instrumentName, and instrumentName is set at the timestep where the \set
> command is issued.

Are you sure? I might be misreading David's mail, but as far as I
understood, the staff is created as soon as it is needed (at time 0
usually or at negative times with grace notes) and if I don't have the
property set there it's too late. In case it works using \set, the Staff
is not created without a setting. If the creation and the \set happen at
the same time, it's equivalent. If not, it's too late. So it is either
quivalent or the \set does not happen.

Cheers,
Joram