Re: New LilyPond website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 07:41:15 +0100 (CET)

> Ok, you can see the most current version of my design on
> http://jmroper.com/lilypond

Thanks.  First, some comments regarding the layout.

. I like the sans-serif font more that you've used in the previous
  version.  Please restore it.

. At the top, I get something like the attached image (using Chrome),
  regardless of the magnification.  This looks bad.  Isn't it possible
  to have the button size changed dynamically?

> I am keeping the source for the website in
> https://github.com/johnroper100/LilyPond-Web-Redesign

. Where are the instructions how the web pages are created?

. The layout of your repository is confusing me.  Right now, the
  contents and the templates are completely intermixed, without any
  clean separation.

  Looking at `templates/home_page.html' – which I guess is the source
  template for the top-level web page – I see an ordinary HTML file
  `home_page.html'.  Is this really the file that should be edited?  I
  would have expected something like a `content/home_page.md' file.
  Similarly, why is there an `content/examples.html' file and not an
  `content/examples.md' file (or something similar in a higher-level
  markup language)?

Please improve that, otherwise I can't evaluate your workflow at
all...

    Werner

PNG image