Re: merging different voices

From: Federico Camara Halac
Subject: Re: merging different voices
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:45:23 +0100

Hi Jeffery, thanks for you response!

it is unclear what exactly you want. Can
you provide a small snippet of code
(http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html) or a (small size) image or
anything else to maybe illustrate what you want?

I attached the first 4 bars of one instrument “flute_one”. I don’t want something very musically orthodox here... I need to generate musical material for composition by combining/merging different scores.

I am guessing that would
require quite a hefty procedure, though it certainly is possible (also
already said by Urs).

This hefty procedure is what I am after, and that’s why I asked the list if there is already a similar one out there.

I remember doing something akin to ‘adding' in a -commercial- software: copying and pasting into different voices of a staff and then combining everything to one single voice and cleaning after…. Having this in mind, I included “flute_one_part_zero” and “flute_one_part_one” into one staff (separate voices) and tried \partcombine on them… the result, however, is still hard to clean because the merging happens within lily and I cannot access it directly. This is why I think what I want is to merge the actual text file of the score with another into a 3rd one before compiling.