Re: making parts : specific number of measures per line?

From: Molly Preston
Subject: Re: making parts : specific number of measures per line?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 12:27:04 -0400

I don't get any barcheck problems in the flute part. I see it now... I think it's the multimeasure rests.

Is there another way to do this so I don't have to alter all my multimeasure rests?

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 12:18 PM, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun 06 Aug 2017 at 11:36:50 (-0400), Molly Preston wrote:
> Hi again everyone,
> I am trying the following for making 6 measures per line in the flute part.
>
> layoutContent = {
>
>      s1 *6 \break
> }
>
> \score {
> \new Staff <<
>    \new Voice {
> \fluteMusic
> }
>
>     \new Voice  {
> \repeat unfold 20 { \layoutContent }
>    }
> >>

> }
>
> If i use the repeat unfold command I get an error that states
>
> warning: forced break was overridden by some other event, should you be
> using bar checks?
>

> What events override a forced break?

"Events, dear boy, events." … perhaps in \fluteMusic.

Are you using bar checks? Do they give no errors?
Does a note duration cross a barline?

Cheers,
David.