Re: Is it possible to insert a "break" in a ottava bracket?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Is it possible to insert a "break" in a ottava bracket?
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 21:56:50 +0200

>> So anyway, except for writing a music function that basically does the
>> ottava voiding + spacer grace + ottava reset in one go, I don't have any
>> other solution as well.
>
> Quick'n dirty:
>
> {
>   \ottava 1
>   c'''4 4 4
>   \afterGrace 4 \ottava 0
>   \ottava 1
>   d'''4 4 4 4
>   \ottava 0
> }
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Also, David K's at-function will work (not sure if below is the most recent one:

at =
#(define-music-function (time event music)
  (ly:duration? ly:music? ly:music?)
"Place @var{event} at a relative duration @var{time} in relation
to @var{music}."
  #{ \context Bottom << { \skip $time <>$event } $music >> #})

{
  \ottava 1
  c'''4 4 4
  \at 8. \ottava 0 c'''4