Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?

From: Ben
Subject: Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:17:21 -0400

On 4/18/2018 9:49 AM, Robert Hickman wrote:
I am attempting to increase the spacing between a text block and the
staff, which I have found can be done using
 \override TextScript.padding = ... However doing this changes the
baseline of the text for some reason. 'good baseline' the bottom of
the 'g' hangs down as expected. When the padding is set, the bottom of
the G is used as basis making the result look bad.

\version "2.18.2"
\header {tagline = ""}
{
    \override TextScript.padding = #2
    \omit Staff.TimeSignature
    \textLengthOn
    \numericTimeSignature
    \time 1/4
    \acciaccatura c''8 g'4^\markup {\tiny Absolute } | \acciaccatura
a'8 g'4^\markup {\tiny Vague }
}

This example shows two different uses of grace-notes for notating
finger articulations in Irish music. the first is used to indicate

If you just change it to

\override TextScript.staff-padding = #2

...that keeps the text aligned.

Is that what you mean?