dynamics and line spanning

From: Reilly Farrell
Subject: dynamics and line spanning
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 21:24:58 -0700

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to configure dynamics and markup text so that they occupy they share the same vertical alignment relative to the staff?  My hope is that I can align regular dynamic marks with special dynamic instructions (\cresc won't cut it in this case) as seamlessly as possible.  Example below:

c1\p c1 c1\markup{\italic { cresc. poco a poco } } c1

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you!

-Reilly