Re: weird de-beaming behavior

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: weird de-beaming behavior
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 13:11:48 +0200

"N. Andrew Walsh" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:33 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> In this case you have 3 beats before the break.  The bar is complete.
>> In your first example you had only two.
>>

> Both MWEs are complete in themselves, thus the latter, with no \time
> statement, is in the default 4/4. Sorry, I should have made that more
> explicit.

Would have helped against casual reading.  Of which, for better or
worse, some can be expected in Usenet groups.

There is some special property only for 3-based meters (?) for half-bar
beaming.  I have no idea whether its implementation might be involved
with that.  Apart from beaming exceptions for 4/4 that sort of is what I
can think of right now which could be different.

--
David Kastrup