Global Variable vs Edition Engraver

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Global Variable vs Edition Engraver
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 10:01:53 +1000

Hi all,

As I get more confident with using the Edition Engraver I was wondering if you had some advice on when to use a global variable and when to use the EE, especially with scores that use transposing instruments.

ATM I put all my concert key signatures, barlines, repeats etc in a global variable that has to be combined with the notes of every instrument in the staff; e.g.

<<
\global
\fluteNotes

Can the EE be used to replace the global variable by inserting repeats, double bar lines etc. How would a key signature work with transposing instruments.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

--
Craig Dabelstein