Re: Tempo declaration on different staves

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Tempo declaration on different staves
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:23:50 +0200

On 18.09.2018 21:10, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Here’s one way. (Note that I also <<>>'ed the \global variable into each*staff*
 context in the score, rather than into each note variable definition; personally, I think
that is better coding style, for many reasons.)

I for my part don’t feel like I have arrived at a consistent way of doing this, which is a pain, because I reconsider it for every project, however it seems to also make sense to make less effort for small projects. However, I increasingly fancy the idea of putting everything exactly where it belongs, for example having a timing variable that contains only content which pertains – musically and LilyPondically – to the entire score (or, in polymetrics, everything which has the same timing). And maybe even splitting stuff up into per Staff and per Voice. Though, as I said, this is all in a kind of experimental stage and not quite thought through.

Best, Simon