Re: feathered beam calculations

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: feathered beam calculations
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 11:17:50 -0800

On 2018-12-21 11:10 am, Reggie wrote:
\relative c'
{

  \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
  \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 2/1)
  c32[ d e f g f e f d f g f d e d f] c4~c | c1 |
}

My CODE has no errors. And yet the 2/1 does NOT space out any notes at ALL it's just normal beamed notes with fancy feathers. What math do I need how does one even know what math to use since there are no bar bad checks? See?
:))

You're missing curly braces.

    \relative c'
    {
      \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
      \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 2/1)
      { c32[ d e f g f e f d f g f d e d f] } c4~c | c1 |
    }

\featherDurations only operates on the argument you pass in. Without the braces, you are only giving it a single note.

-- Aaron Hill