Re: Slur within a slur?

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Slur within a slur?
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 06:05:31 -0800

On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 2:10 AM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 6:44 AM Peter Mayes <peter@petermayes.org> wrote:
>
>> Here is a fragment of something I am engraving.
>>
>>   e( dis e ais, b g |
>>   e8) r \afterGrace d'!(\trill { cis32 d }  |
>>   c'!16) b^. a^. g^. fis^. e^. |
>>
>> The D following the \afterGrace is slurred up to the C at the beginning of
>> the following bar.
>>
>> I would also like the "{ cis32 d }" grace notes to be slurred, but if I
>> put "{ cis32( d) }", I get a "Warning: already have slur".
>>
>> Is there a way to get a "slur within a slur"?
>>
> When we ask for a MWE, the "w" stands for "working".  That is, you should
> be able to copy and paste the LilyPond source and get it to engrave.  You
> can't do that with your code, thus David Kastrup's reply.

It was probably easy to overlook, but my reply did contain the requested
functionality.

Ah, yes, I see it now!  There is some problem between your email reader to mine where I don't see inline attachments. So I only saw:

"gives me

and a bar check warning."

Which I wrongly interpreted as "gives me a bar check warning."

--
Knute Snortum