lmi

Re: [lmi] malloc-debugger problems

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] malloc-debugger problems
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:22:34 +0000

On 2006-1-8 13:07 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 07:57:12 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> Let me refine my suggestion. I think a class's ctor(s) and dtor need
> GC> to reside on the same side of a dll boundary.
>
>  I didn't know such a requirement exist and I'm still sceptical that it
> really does as I don't see any logical explanation for this.

I can build my application with wx-2.7 and mpatrol by
using gcc-3.2.3 for both, with pretty reasonable results.
The symptom that led to the discussion above still arises.
I think it's due to incompatibility between libstdc++'s
std::string and dlls and is best addressed by building
libstdc++ as a shared libary.

>  Sorry, I still don't believe that wxString is special in any way
> whatsoever.

Yes, I now see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Holding wx constant at version 2.7 and changing only the
compiler version, I see other strange things, which I
haven't investigated yet; but that cannot be caused by wx.