lmi

Re: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:10:09 +0000

On 2009-02-22 14:23Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:13:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
> GC> What's the best way to proceed?
>
>  I'll modify wxXmlResource to allow accessing the custom attributes and
> also add support for enumerating all top-level objects in an XRC file to
> it. And I hope to do both of those today.

Will those changes be in wx-2.9.0? I ask because we plan to start
testing wx snapshots very soon, starting with this file:

ftp://ftp.wxwidgets.org/pub/Daily_HEAD/files/wxWidgets-2009-02-22.tar.bz2

I think it would be best for us to use that for our initial testing,
and then update to a later version after you've added this new stuff.
Our main purpose is to look for regression anomalies and to test the
many enhancements you've made over the last few months, and I see no
need to delay that.

>  Of course, I'll [only] test these changes in my standalone program.
> Integration with LMI -- if this is what the final decision is -- still

Yes, let's make that decision now, and integrate it into lmi.

> remains to be done and I don't know if you want me to do it (and if so
> how/where exactly) or if you prefer to do it yourself.

I'd rather ask you to do it, and send me a patch as usual. As for
how and where, let's promote the "premature idea" here:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2009-02/msg00026.html

to "mature". All that's missing there is to surround the call with
an appropriate conditional, and wire that into the GUI somehow;
but I'll take care of that myself.