lmi

Re: [lmi] wx_test_input_sequences.cpp

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx_test_input_sequences.cpp
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:07:22 +0000

On 2015-03-10 19:05, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:23:50 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> But you're asking what happens if we change the name of a field. Right
> now,
> GC> the test would treat that field as though it didn't exist: a test that had
> GC> always done something would silently begin to do nothing. I think it's a
> GC> good idea to guard against that by making sure the field name is still
> part
> GC> of the universe to which it originally belonged.

That reminds me of this...

/// TestModelViewConsistency(): Diagnose inconsistencies between the
/// Model and the View. This function is designed for developers
/// rather than end users, and makes little attempt to avoid false
/// positives.

...which has never been called routinely, because there has been no
appropriate place to call it. Perhaps it belongs in the GUI test.
It displays two types of warnings: one is probably common in skins
other than 'skin.xrc'; but the other seems to be an error always,
so we probably want to be informed whenever it occurs. Would you
consider adding this to 'wx_test', please? It may come in handy
soon, as we are about to add several new input fields to the GUI.

>  Notice that the attached patch

[applied 20150326T2349Z, revision 6150]

> uses wxPrintf() to write to the
> "appropriate output stream" and so it logically, even if not physically
> (i.e. it can be applied to and would work with the current trunk as is),
> depends on the first patch attached to the 20150309T18:52:35 message
> (http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2015-03/msg00026.html) in the
> "Error reporting" thread.

I took care to apply that first. Now I think I'm caught up except for:
  New input validation test
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2015-03/msg00043.html
which I'll look into soon.