lout-users

Re: splitting dl

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: splitting dl
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:51:02 +0400

Jeff, thanks for your comments.

On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 08:08:40PM +1000, Jeff Kingston wrote:

> I'm not quite sure that I could label things "low-level" or "high-level"
> as easily as Uwe seems to do.  I prefer to think of functionally
> distinct parts of the system, such as "Fundamental Quantities" (initial
> font and break, display gap, etc.), "Page Layout", "Displays and Lists",
> "Large-scale structure" and so on.

Sorry, careless wording on my part written in a rush while the build
was going and I had a free minute.

Yes, splitting dl into functionally distinct part is much more precise
description of what I had in mind.  This modularity will help people
to change parts they want to change.  In fact, I wrote exactly about
this modularization of dl 3 years ago in a private email to you that I
still have around in my mail archive.

Oh, sorry, another build is over...

SY, Uwe