lout-users

Re: self-loops in graphs

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: self-loops in graphs
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 00:34:06 +0200 (METDST)

Uwe,

thanks a lot!  Now I can go to bed :-)

> Remove the Start @Node and replace the first arrow with:
>
>     @Arrow from address@hidden ++ 2f atangle 135d} to address@hidden
> ylabel{r-1}
>
> Refer to section 9.10 ``Expert usage...'' of the user guide for
> details, but basicly the above @Arrow says that it's starting point
> should lie 2f away from address@hidden at angle of 135 degrees.

The syntax is absolutly cryptic, but the result is magnificent!

> I'm afraid that it's not possible to wrap this into a nice symbol for
> an incoming arrow without duplicating all of the @Link named
> parameters.  Is it possible to introduce currying into Lout?  Though
> I'm not sure what a syntax might be for currying named paramters.

I know that TeX (the language) and Lout (the languge) are based on completely
different language/evaluation models, and I'm really fed up with TeX, I still
think that creating personal extensions is easier in TeX and a somewhat weak
point of Lout (even if Lout (the language) is, of course, much cleaner than
TeX (the language)).

> [...]
> Does @Circle margin {0.3f} @Circle {0.4f} look better?

It certainly does--that's exactly what I wanted!  And I thought I'd tried all
combinations of [hv]*margin...

> Hope it helps.

It couldn't help more!  Thanks a lot!

--