lout-users

evidence for the quality/impact of Lout

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: evidence for the quality/impact of Lout
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:46:46 +1000

I'm the author of Lout and I'm applying for promotion.  As
part of my application I need to convince the committee
that Lout is a good thing and that it has had an impact.

Rather than delving into the technical issues, these
committees look for evidence that other people value
whatever it is.  In the case of Lout this could be
technical papers which cite Lout, adoptions of Lout
by respected entities (e.g. I believe Lout is in the
GNU distribution now), other software that uses Lout
or its ideas, etc.

If you know of any such evidence, I'd like to hear about
it from you.  I haven't attempted to keep up with where
Lout has spread to at all.  If you do know of something,
I would need some kind of verifiable reference, a
citation or a URL or something that can be followed to
check the information.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Kingston