lout-users

Re: Inputting data for web-based forms generator

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Inputting data for web-based forms generator
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:12:47 +0300

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 10:51:32AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> I've tried using 'tagged PDF forms', but the restrictions on graphics
> lout enforces appeared to be unacceptable to me.

What restrictions are those?  PDF format (spec available from Adobe's
site) relies on a xref table(s) that gives file offsets for what PDF
calls indirect objects.  You can't insert stuff in the middle of a PDF
file since this will ruin the offsets.  This is not Lout's fault, it's
the way PDF works.

SY, Uwe