lout-users

Re: Sudden error

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Sudden error
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:55:28 +1100

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:23:33 +0100, Sébastien Pierre wrote:

  > Hi all,
  >
  > I do not really know what happend, but lout started to complain
  > about the bsf file, after re-installing I still get the
  > following error:
  >
  > (c) Initializing run (should be silent, no errors expected)
  > /sw/bin/lout -x -s /sw/share/lout/Include/init
  > lout:
  >          : unable to initialize collation
  > lout file "/sw/share/lout/Include/bsf" (from
  > "/sw/share/lout/Include/init" line 15):
  >      33,5: fatal error: exiting now
  > make: *** [install] Erreur 1
  >
  > I really don't understand what happened.
  > Any ideas?
  >
  >   --Sébastien.

This happens when the setlocale() routine fails, presumably because
there is something wrong with your environment wrt locales (I'm not
an expert on those).  You can work around it by changing

    COLLATE = 1

    COLLATE = 0

in the makefile, but it would be better I guess to work out what
actually went wrong.

Jeff Kingston