lout-users

Re: Fonts

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Fonts
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:49:33 +1100

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:31:49 -0800, Edward S. Hirgelt wrote:

  > I set @InitialFont to {Bookman Light 10p}.  When I use @I the selected
  > font is Bookman-MediumItalic.  I would have expected
  > Bookman-LightItalic.
  >
  > What is the expected behavior?  If it isn't light italic, shouldn't it
  > be?
  >
  > Here's a little example...
  >
  > Thanks,
  > Ed Hirgelt

There is only one font family in the vicinity, namely Bookman.
Its base font is Bookman-Medium and its italic font is Bookman-MediumItalic.
What you are asking for is for Bookman Light to be a family.  You
could get this yourself by fiddling with file lout/data/fontdefs.ld,
I believe.

I wonder whether anyone else thinks that Bookman Light (and similar
things) ought to be in their own family?

Jeff