lout-users

Re: Lout formatting questions

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Lout formatting questions
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:57:41 +1100

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:06:47 +0300 (MSK), Sébastien Pierre wrote:

  > Hi!
  >
  > I have already asked this question but had no answer so far :(
  > I have looked inside Lout User Manual for the following features:
  >
  >    - Specify nested lists beginning and ending gap (to be smaller
  > than it's parent's)

This gap is called @DisplayGap and you can change it by finding that
option in the setup file.  If you don't want such a global change
then you have to use @RawList and @RawEndList and insert your own
gaps, e.g. //0.5c or whatever.

There are no gaps before or after @Heading, you have to use your
own.  I usually write @CentredDisplay @Heading ... myself.

  > Moreover I experience strange problems with ligatures when using
  > GhostScript to generate the PDF files from PostScript. It
  > happens with Bookman and Palatino, but not with Time. PS output
  > seems just fine.

No idea, sorry.

  > Also spacing in @Section titles with AvantGarde seems quite
  > erratic... At least it doesn't look very good. I can send you PS
  > and PDF examples if you want. Maybe the AFM files are not good?

Usually a sign that someone has substituted one font for another.

Jeff Kingston