lout-users

Re: Lout formatting questions

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Lout formatting questions
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:38:41 +0100

Le dimanche 3 février 2002, à 11:49 , Mark Summerfield a écrit :
I have had the same problem. I upgraded to the latest version of
GhostScript, but the problem persisted. I have found a solution that
*appears* to work.

The ps2pdf program is a script that calls another script called ps2pdf12
which calls another script called ps2pdfwr. This last script actually
calls the gs program itself, but in ps2pdfwr the call includes the
following option:

    -c .setpdfwrite

I found that deleting this option solved the problem for me. I don't
know why this works though.

Actually the problem is a GS bug and has been fixed two weeks ago, so there will be no more problem with the next release of GS (it is AFPL GS, so it should be 7.04). Thanks for your tip, as I only have 7.02 :)

 -- Sébastien.

--
«Too old to be alternative, too alternative to be old.»
<http://www.type-z.org> | Robert Smith, talking about his epitaph.