lout-users

@Eq, column-width variable, CJK/unicode support?

From: jp8swe
Subject: @Eq, column-width variable, CJK/unicode support?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:14:33 +0400 (MSD)

Hi!

Just switched from latex last week (got tired of the poor 118n support
of tex). So far lout works pretty well (nice work!) but I do have one
minor some gripes, for instance why can't I write: "In the above
formula @Eq r denotes ..." (meaning ... @Eq{r} ...)? In situations
like this latex's $r$ form is very convenient.

Another thing I'd like to do is a document where I can switch from one
to two columns with a minimum of hassle (ie. only switching the
ColumnNumber property). I have a fair number of plots in the file that
I would like to be scaled to the column width (so that it scales down
when using the two column mode). Is there a variable containing the
column width that I can use with @Scale?

OK, now the biggest problem. What about CJK support?? Pretty please
with sugar on top! I'd need all three of them! Just left-to-right CJK
support would be quite enough. With CJK support I guess unicode would
come in handy as well...

That's all for now, keep up the good work!

Regards,

Tobias Gerdin