lout-users

Re: Producing a hymn book

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Re: Producing a hymn book
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:45:11 +0000

Thanks again, Jeff, for your efforts on my behalf. I'm just sorry that
you were unable to find a solution. If I fail that's one thing but if
you fail - well, that really is a 3 pipe problem! I'm pleased that my
conclusion, that unbreakable space after address@hidden { ... }' isn't, is the
same one you reached.

I have now `cheated' and obtained a solution outside of lout;
unfortunately, this is only a semi-automatic one but it was fairly
trivial to achieve.

I produce a document and find the first copyright to appear at the top
of a page. If there is none, I'm done; otherwise, I arrange for some
vertical space to be added before the last verse of the offending
hymn with the effect that the copyright is no longer alone. I repeat
this till the whole document is acceptable. It adds only about a dozen
lines and a small array (of offending hymn numbers) to the script -
and a leisurely 5 minutes to get a good document.

Barrie.