lout-users

Re: Extended options in headers and footers

From: Adrien Feix
Subject: Re: Extended options in headers and footers
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:32:00 +0200

Jeff Kingston wrote:
> There is no simple way to set up a format once and for all
> that re-uses the @Author and @Institution fields of the
> @Report symbol.  The only way I can think of off-hand is
> rather clumsy, but here it goes.  Make your main file look
> like this:
>
>     def @Auth { Adrien Feix }
>     def @Inst { Australian Bureau of Meteorology }
>     @Include { myreport }
>     @Report
>         @Author { @Auth }
>       @Institution { @Inst }
>     //
>
> and inside myreport put
>
>   @OddTop { @Inst @Centre { @Auth } @Right @PageNum }
>
> or whatever.  I haven't tried it but it should work.

Thank you very much - this works perfectly, even when I put the various
def {} I need within the /mydefs/ file, which is probably cleaner.

I thought that I could develop this a bit, but (obviously) failed while
trying to create some new def @OtherInfos in /mydefs /:
          def @OtherInfos
             name @Auth {}
             name @Inst {}
          { def @Auth2 { @Auth }
            def @Inst2 { @Inst }
          }
to be used later on in the main document,
and then defining the values in the actual file :
          @OtherInfos
                @Auth { Adrien Feix }
          @Report
                @Author { @Auth2 }
                @Institution { @Inst2 }
//
When I try to do this Lout complains about @Auth having already been
defined (once in the line of name @Auth and once def @Auth2 { @Auth }).

Is it even possibly to do something like that ?
Thank you
Adrien Feix