Re: [Ltib] non root installation

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] non root installation
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:43:41 +0000

Hi Maxime,

You can't do this unless you install some kind of fancy emulated
environment, or a virtual machine.

Note: LTIB only runs as root at the point it installs RPMs.  It needs to
do this so that the NFS rootfs image are has the files correctly
installed with the right permissions/owners and also that any special
files (/dev) can be installed.

Regards, Stuart