Re: [Ltib] non root installation

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] non root installation
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:59:16 +0000

Hi Maxime,

Fakeroot won't solve the problem.  You only appear to be root within
that environment (e.g. normally for making packages), but you can't
actually create real files that can be exported as NFS that have root
owner or are block/char special files.

rpm already has something like fakeroot built into it which is used for
example to create the static device node rpm for the target (take a look
at dev.spec).

You need to be root to install the rpm files made by LTIB.

Regards, Stuart