Re: [Ltib] Re: USB keyboard with Xfbdev

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: USB keyboard with Xfbdev
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:30:42 +0000

Hi all,

I just found that if I update to 1.4.2 it fixes the problem (not sure
why).

Any objections if I update the baseline to this?  the only fallout is
that xorg-server-1.4-1221245484.patch needs splitting out (which I'll
do).

BTW: anyone know why it takes a while for the mouse to "discover" the
right protocol and why the keyboard driver complains, I see this:

$ ssh macg4 -l root
~ #  Xfbdev -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard &
(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
Couldn't find keyboard driver keybd
(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
~ # DISPLAY=:0 twm
Switching to mouse protocol "imps/2"
Switching to mouse protocol "exps/2"
Switching to mouse protocol "bus"
Switching to mouse protocol "ps/2"

And when I kill twm I see:

^C~ # FreeFontPath: FPE "built-ins" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
Couldn't find keyboard driver keybd
Mouse device is serial port, protocol exps/2 is not serial protocol
(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base

Regards, Stuart